Both business and traditional miners assume that the world is systematic, rational, predictable and pretty black and white. In this sense both are actually at odds with the rest of the world’s cultures both in the past and for much of the present.
- Ecofutures paper April 2002 pdf
- Ecofutures column July 2002 pdf
- Lima Business Conference Speech Nov 2002 pdf
- Newmont Mining Corporation and EITI 2003 pdf
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative speech, 2003 pdf
- Is Science Killing the Mining Industry Aug 2003 pdf
- Newmont in Ghana- Piggybacking on the mine, towards sustainable communities pdf
- Toronto MEMS Paper April 2004 pdf
No longer can companies and governments hide in a mutually exclusive, mutually beneficial relationship while other stakeholders – local communities and civil society – are locked out by a ‘We know best’, ‘Trust us and we’ll do the right thing’ attitude. It is now ‘show us, prove it to us’.